About the Policy of Personal Information Protection for "KIZUNA"
The original text of the Terms of Service is Japanese. The Japanese version of this Terms of Service shall be applicable to a customer in the event of any conflict between the English and Japanese versions, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Article 1 (General Rules)
- The Company shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines of individual ministries and agencies, and other relevant laws and regulations in order to realize protection of the Member Information.
- The provisions of the Services shall not be applicable to affiliated services provided by affiliated partners, or any other services provided by parties other than the Company. For handling of Member Information in those services, see the privacy policies, etc. separately provided by the business operators that provide the relevant external services.
Article 2 (Information to be Acquired)
- The Company shall acquire member information including the personal information (this means the personal information as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1, Items 1 and 2 of the Act on the Protection of the Personal Information; the same shall apply hereinafter) as follows in the Services.
- Information provided by Members
- Basic information: email address, etc.
In order to use the functionality of handoff of account information in the Services, and the functionality of using the same account among multiple terminals (the "Multi-Device Functionality"), email addresses for mobile phones registered with the email addresses of the users themselves, and setting of passwords is required. The registered email address for use of the Multi-Device Functionality will be used for identification, prevention of unauthorized use, and announcement of important notices with respect to the Services. This information will not be disclosed to other Members. Unless the information is registered, Members may be unable to use all or part of the Services.
- Other information to be registered: Profile information (name indicated in the Services, avatar, message, etc.) For creation and disclosure of the profile page, or provision of the Services, etc. we may request this information be registered by Members. Profile information for display on the Services and information registered or posted by customers themselves to be openly displayed to other Members (such as text, images or moving images, etc.) may be viewed by other Members. Unless the information is registered, Members may be unable to use all or part of the Services.
- Information collected by the Company upon use of the Services by Members
- Terminal information
The Company may acquire information on terminals used by Members (OS, individual identification information, computer name, advertising ID, etc.). In addition, the Company may connect the acquired advertising ID with the opaque identifier that the Company grants to Members. This information will be used for maintaining and improving the Services, and identification, and prevention of misconduct that hinders normal provision of services.
- Log information and action history information
When the Members use the Services, information such as the IP address, type of browser, or browser language, etc. will be automatically generated and saved. This information will be used for analysis of the use environment for provision of better services, and for prevention of misconduct that hinders normal provision of services.
- Cookies and anonymous ID
In the Services, technologies called Cookies or similar technologies may be used. The cookie is an industry standard technology for webservers to distinguish the computers of Members. Cookies may distinguish the computer of the Member but the Member cannot be distinguished as an individual. By changing settings on the information terminal, Cookie functionalities may be invalidated by changing settings on information terminal, however, in such instance the Members may be unable to use all or part of the Services.
Information from websites or apps with plug-in functionalities installed
In addition to the login record from plug-ins at websites and apps of the Company or third parties where plug-in functionalities are installed, the URLs of websites where plug-in functionalities are installed visited by Members while maintaining the login state in the Services on the browser may be acquired. This information will not be acquired in the log-out state from the Services.
- The Company will acquire Member information by proper methods, and not by falsification or other improper means. In addition, when acquiring Member information by methods other than acquisition through use of the Services by Members, the Company shall notify or disclose the purpose of use in advance.
Article 3 (Purpose of Use)
- The Company shall use the acquired personal information properly within the scope of the following purposes in addition to the purposes provided in the preceding article. The Company will never use the personal information of Members beyond the scope of the purpose of use without the consent of Members.
|Purpose of use
||Details of purpose of use
|Provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services
・Identification and prevention of unauthorized use in the Services
・Search for other Members who are or who may be acquaintances of the applicant, and registration or recommendation of the applicant as a friend
・Smooth use of the Services by Members
・Questionnaires on Services or other services the provision of which is being examined as future Services
・Campaign drawings, etc., and sending of prizes or products
・Charge processing upon purchase of products or use of pay services
|Basic information: email address
|Notification and handling, etc. to Members
・ Help information on this app., handling of inquiries, etc.
・Notification or provision of new services in relation to the Services
・Notification of amendment of the TOU, individual agreements or the Policy concerning the Services, or suspension, cancellation of the Services or termination of agreement, or any other important announcement on the Services
|Basic information: email address
Other registered information: name and other profile information
|Provision to a third party
Third party who receives the information specified to the right will use the relevant information for the following purposes:
・Provision of alliance services
・ Announcement of information, etc. relating to the Services or advertising information, etc. for which the Company and business operators other than the Company will be advertisers
・ Market analysis marketing
Cookie and anonymous ID
Log information and action history information
|Creation of statistical data and provision of the relevant data to a third party
The Company will use the relevant information for the following purposes
・ Creation of Anonymously Processed Information (this means "Anonymously Processed Information" as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 9, Items 1 and 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information; the same shall apply hereinafter) by analyzing the information to the right from the viewpoint of gender, age, interests and concerns, etc. and processing in a form by which individuals cannot be identified.
A third party who receives the statistical data on the information to the right from the Company will use the relevant information for the following purposes:
・Analysis of the effects of advertising
・ Market analysis and marketing
|Terminal information Cookie and anonymous ID
Log information and action history information
Other profile information
- The Company may change the purpose of use of the Member information provided in Article 2 and in the preceding paragraph within a scope reasonably judged to have relevance to the purpose of use before the change, and if it is changed the Company shall notify Members or publicly announce to Members by methods separately provided by the Company.
Article 4 (Provision to Third Parties)
- The Company will not provide personal information out of the Member information to a third party except for in the following cases: (1) When the consent of the Member is obtained: the Company may provide information on the Member (sometimes this may be personal information) to a third party company, organization or individual, when the consent of the Member is obtained, (2) when provision is under the laws and regulations, (3) for sharing the information with external services for linking: the Company may provide the Member information upon linking with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts or other external services or authentication using the external services to the operating company for the relevant external services; (4) when handoff of the business of the Company is conducted including provision of personal information due to merger, company split-off, business assignment or other reason, (5) when it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or assets, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant Member (6) when it is especially necessary for improvement of the public health or promotion of the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the relevant Member, (7) when it is necessary to cooperate with governmental organs, or local municipalities or parties delegated thereby in their execution of affairs provided in the laws and regulations, and then, when obtaining the consent of the Member is likely to disturb the execution of the relevant affairs.
- The Company may provide Member information including personal information with the consent of the Member to a business operator (the "Affiliated Partner") who provides services affiliated with the Services (the "Affiliated Services") for the purpose of provision of Affiliated Services to Members.
Article 5 (Information Entrustment)
The Company may entrust (this means the case of delegation of management of information including personal information to a business operator) all or part of the personal information acquired from Members within the scope necessary for achievement of the purpose of use. In such instance, the Company shall sufficiently assess the eligibility as trustee, and provide matters concerning confidentiality obligations, etc. in execution of the agreement to create a system whereby the information is managed properly.
Article 6 (Shared Use of Information)
The Company may use the personal information of the Members with Affiliated Partners within the scope necessary for provision of the Affiliated Services. In such instance, the Company shall use the information jointly, upon disclosing the types of information and names of the Affiliated Partners, etc. to the Member.
Article 7 (Information Collection Modules)
The Company may install the modules of other companies to measure the effects of advertising publication, or for analysis of the status of use, etc. in order to make payment of fees for advertising of the Services published on media of other companies to advertising agencies.
Article 8 (Activity Targeted Advertising)
- The Company will collect the following information using the information collection module as provided in the preceding article in provision of the Services or Affiliated Services for the purpose of implementation of targeted advertising (this means methods of advertising to distribute advertising to meet the needs, interests or concerns of Members) by the Company or third parties such as advertising distribution business operators, etc., and accumulate or use the information:
- Action history information (information of which accumulation will help in the analysis of needs, interests and concerns of Members, and by which specific individuals may not be distinguished, such as history of use of the Services),
- Terminal Information
- The Company shall provide the information collected under the preceding paragraph to business operators who distribute activity targeted advertising (the "Advertising Distributor") for the purpose of providing useful information to Members by distributing optimal advertising customized to meet the needs, interests and concerns of the Members.
- The Company shall retain action history information, etc. collected from Members only during the period where it is legal and considered reasonably necessary for business to retain such information.
- When the Company provides action history, etc. to Advertising Distributors, the Company shall ensure the following measures for prevention of leaks, or destruction of or damage to the relevant information, or any other safety management:
- The Company will not disclose the scheme of the algorithm, etc. for encryption of action history information, etc.
- The Company will provide action history information, etc. to Advertising Distributors on the condition that it be used only within the scope of purpose of use as provided in Paragraph 2.
- When the Advertising Distributor provides action history information, etc. to other third parties, the Company will have the Advertising Distributor bear the obligation to provide the information to the relevant third party with the same conditions as the preceding items attached.
Article 9 (Disclosure of Member Information)
- When a Member makes a request for disclosure of personal information to the Company in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company shall disclose the information without delay in accordance with procedures provided separately (if the relevant personal information does not exist, the Company shall notify to that effect); provided that this shall not apply to the following cases:
- When disclosure might possibly damage the life, body, assets and other rights and interests of the Member himself/herself or a third party;
- When disclosure might cause significant damage to the proper implementation of the business operations of the Company;
- When disclosure would be in violation of the Act on the Protection of the Personal Information or other laws and regulations;
- When it cannot be confirmed that the request for disclosure was made from the Member himself/herself.
- Please understand in advance that the Company will charge a disclosure handling fee in accordance with procedures separately provided by the Company when the disclosure of personal information is requested.
Article 10 (Corrections, etc.)
- When the content of personal information in the possession of the Company is different from the facts, the Member may request correction, addition or suspension of use of personal information in accordance with procedures separately provided by the Company.
- When the Company is requested by a Member to delete personal information of the Member, when the Company judges it necessary to respond to the relevant request, upon confirmation to the fact that it is a request from the actual Member, the Company shall delete the personal information and notify the user to that effect.
- When identification of the Member is done with respect to requests under the preceding two paragraphs, the Company shall perform investigations without delay within a reasonable scope, and correct, add to, suspend use of, or delete personal information based on the results; provided that this shall not apply to the case where the Company is not obligated to do so under the Act on the Protection of the Personal Information or other laws and regulations, or where the same kind of request is made repeatedly without justifiable reason, or where excessive technological operations are required.
Article 11 (On Personal Information on Children)
When a customer who is under 16 years old uses the Services and inputs personal information, we request that this be conducted with the consent of parents.
Article 12 (Disposal of Acquired Information)
The Company shall dispose of the acquired personal information as of the point where it is judged unnecessary in the light of normal business management by the Company.
Article 13 (Revision of the Policy)
The Company may revise the Policy whenever necessary. Revision of the Policy shall come into effect as of the time when revision is posted at appropriate locations within the Services, etc. When there is an important revision, the contents of the revision shall be announced by a method that is easily understandable to Members.
Article 14 (Contact Window for Inquiries)
In charge: KIZUNA Business Office
Oceans Co., Ltd.
4F Leaf east, 2-14-13 Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0011
Established and enforced October 2017